Suffolk Coastal's car parks
Suffolk Coastal operates pay and display car parks in Aldeburgh, Felixstowe, Leiston, Saxmundham, Wickham Market, Woodbridge and a number of free car parks around the district, including several countryside car parks.
Car park charges
The standard charging hours for our car parks are 8am - 6pm although charging starts later and finishes earlier in some. The charging hours that apply are shown clearly on the signs by the ticket machines in each car park.
A range of season tickets are also available.
RingGo phone parking payments can be made at car parks in Felixstowe and in Woodbridge.
Follow this link to find out about car parking penalties, how to avoid a parking penalty and how to make an appeal against an excess charge notice.
Car park locations
Follow the links below for car park location maps provided by the Transport Direct website:
- Aldeburgh (new window)
- Felixstowe (new window) - please note that the free Sunday car park at Wireless Green, Langer Road, Felixstowe is now closed because work has started on the new Martello Park development.
- Framlingham (new window)
- Leiston (new window)
- Melton (new window)
- Saxmundham (new window)
- Wickham Market (new window)
- Woodbridge (new window)
Free parking spaces
Several of our pay and display car parks have designated spaces for 30 minutes free parking:
- Felixstowe, Crescent Road - 7 designated spaces.
- Felixstowe, Highfield Road - 12 designated spaces.
- Leiston, Sizewell Road - 8 designated spaces.
- Saxmundham, Market Place - 8 designated spaces.
- Wickham Market, The Hill long stay - 11 designated spaces.
- Wickham Market, The Hill short stay - 3 designated spaces, free for 15 minutes.
- Woodbridge, Hamblin Road (behind Budgens) - 10 designated spaces.
- Woodbridge, The Station - 2 designated spaces, free for 20 minutes.
Suffolk Coastal operates a number of countryside car parks and picnic sites giving access to heathland, the coast and the Deben and Orwell river estuaries.
- Bawdsey Quay Picnic Site (free)
- Broomheath, Woodbridge (free)
- Iken Cliff Picnic Site (free)
- Melton Riverside, Melton (free)
- Nacton Picnic Site (free)
- Searson's Farm, Trimley St Mary (free)
- Sizewell Beach (pay and display)
- Sutton Heath, north car park (free)
- Sutton Heath, south car park (free)
- Thorpeness Beach (pay and display)
- Upper Hollesley Common, eastern car park (free)
- Upper Hollesley Common, western car park (free)
Blue Badge holders
We no longer allow free parking in our car parks when a valid Blue Badge is displayed. Normal tariffs now apply to Blue Badge holders but with double the time purchased when a valid pay and display ticket is displayed alongside a valid blue badge.
Some of Suffolk Coastal's car parks have parking bays allocated for use by motorcycles only. Charges are waived if these bays are used for motorcycle parking. Charges do apply, however, if any other parking space within a pay and display car park is used.
Report a problem
All our car parks are operated by Suffolk Coastal Services (SCS) - if you want to report any problems with one of our car parks then please call SCS on 01394 444000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.