The Felixstowe Forward initiative was established on 1 April 2015 and was created by the three sponsoring local authorities: Suffolk Coastal District Council, Felixstowe Town Council and Suffolk County Council.
The aim of Felixstowe Forward is to develop a collective approach to tackling the town’s key challenges and opportunities. Engagement with a wide range of business and community groups is central to developing a plan of action which will improve the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of Felixstowe. Felixstowe Forward consists of a small team which is headed up by Helen Greengrass, the Felixstowe Change Director.
The work of the team is guided by the Felixstowe Forward Sponsoring Group which consists of local government, business and community representatives.
Among its aims, Felixstowe Forward will work in the heart of Felixstowe to:
- Oversee the development and delivery of further economic growth;
- Seek and support new developments and projects;
- Promote Felixstowe as a high quality destination town;
- Preserve and promote the heritage of the town;
- Support and develop an enterprise and entrepreneurship culture;
- Support and contribute to the skills, education and employability of young people.
If you would like to know more about Felixstowe Forward please email us on email@example.com