Proposed food store, Railway Approach, Felixstowe
This application C12/2395 was considered at a special meeting of the South Area Development Management Sub-Committee on Thursday 19 September 2013 at Ufford Park Hotel. The Sub-Committee also considered applications for proposed mixed-use and residential developments at Walton Green, Felixstowe and the proposed foodstore at Haven Exchange Retail Park, Felixstowe.
An application for planning permission was submitted to the Council on 22 November 2012 by Albourne Property Plc, for proposed redevelopment of the former railway sidings and nursery land off Railway Approach and High Road West, Felixstowe.
The proposed development is for a convenience goods food store, associated landscaping, service, access and parking arrangements.
The proposal also includes associated improvements to passenger transport facilities at Felixstowe Railway Station.
Revised plans and documents submitted
Revised plans, documents and additional information have been submitted for this application which can be viewed below. The closing date for consultation responses on the revised plans is 15 April 2013.
- Supplementary design and access statement (PDF 1.35MB)
- 3D Visualisations (PDF 3.20MB)
- Site and roof plan (PDF 1.04MB)
- Site layout - ground and lower ground level (PDF 2.30MB)
- Lower ground level plan (PDF 2.42MB)
- Ground level plan (PDF 3.28MB)
- Site entry plan (PDF 2.35MB)
- Mezzanine and roof plan (PDF 650KB)
- Sections + Elevations 1 of 2 (PDF 3.52MB)
- Sections + Elevations 2 of 2 (PDF 2.01MB)
- Detailed floor plans: Store entrance + mezzanine (PDF 1.38MB)
- Detailed plans: Garrison Lane + station forecourt (PDF 861KB)
- Elevations (PDF 1.74MB)
- Landscape feature Garrison Lane junction (PDF 623KB)
- Drawing register (PDF 64KB)
- Revised travel plan (PDF 3.95MB)
- Revised transport assessment:
- Part 1 (Text & plans) (PDF 2.54MB)
- Part 2 (Appendices A & B) (PDF 3.22MB)
- Part 3 (Appendix C) (PDF 3.28MB)
- Part 4 (Appendices D to L) (PDF 3.91MB)
- Part 5 (Appendices M to S) (PDF 2.87MB)
Independent Retail Assessment
- Review and appraisal of foodstore planning applications in Felixstowe (PDF 1.18MB)
- Comments on foodstore planning applications review and appraisal (PDF 317KB)
- Reflections on Strategic Perspectives review (PDF 849KB)
Further information about this application and the plans and application documents submitted in November 2012 can be found on our online register of planning applications (new window).
Alternatively the plans and documents can be viewed at our Woodbridge offices during office hours (8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Wednesday, 9.30am to 5.15pm on Thursdays and 8.45am to 4.45pm on Fridays) or by arrangement with the Felixstowe Town clerk.
You are advised to contact the Felixstowe Town clerk on 01394 282086 to check the availability of the documents and to arrange inspection.
If you wish to contact your local district councillor, their contact details are available on our website.
The case officer for this application is Liz Beighton who can be contacted on 01394 444778 or email email@example.com for any planning enquiries.
The closing date for consultation responses on the revised plans is 15 April 2013. All comments will be reported to the relevant committee and taken into account fully, provided that they are received in good time for the committee meeting.
All correspondence should quote the application reference number C12/2395, your name, address, comments and reason for interest.
You can email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to:
Head of Planning Services,
Suffolk Coastal District Council,
Suffolk IP12 1AU.