Proposed solar farm, Parham Airfield, Great Glemham
This application was considered by the Council’s Development Control Committee on 23 January 2013 when a decision was deferred for site visits. The application was considered again by the Committee on 27 February 2013 and 27 March 2013.
An planning application was submitted to the Council on 25 September 2012 by AGRenewables Ltd for the development of a solar farm at part of land south and east of Runway Farm, Parham Airfield, Great Glemham.
The application is for the construction of a 15MW solar farm and ancillary development including solar panels and frames, sub-station building, operations and maintenance kiosk, seven inverter kiosks, security fencing, cameras and poles, landscaping, cable route, access improvements and a temporary construction compound.
Copies of the plans and documents submitted are available to view further down this page.
Further information about this application can be found on our online register of planning applications (new window).
Alternatively the plans and documents can be viewed at our Woodbridge offices during office hours (8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Wednesday, 9.30am to 5.15pm on Thursdays and 8.45am to 4.45pm on Fridays) or or by arrangement with Great Glemham Parish Council.
You are advised to contact the Great Glemham parish clerk on 01728 663304 to check the availability of the documents and to arrange inspection.
If you wish to contact your local district councillor, their contact details are available on our website.
The closing date for consultation responses was 7 November 2012. All comments will be reported to the relevant committee and taken into account fully, provided that they are received in good time for the committee meeting.
All correspondence should quote the application reference number C12/2067, your name, address, comments and reason for interest. You can email your comments to email@example.com or send them to:
Head of Planning Services,
Suffolk Coastal District Council,
Suffolk IP12 1AU.
Please note: some of these PDF files have been compressed and optimised for viewing on the internet. If you require higher resolution, uncompressed documents please contact us.
- GGF-001 - Site location plan (PDF 3.4MB)
- GGF-002a - Site red line boundary - south (PDF 1.3MB)
- GGF-002b - Site red line boundary - north (PDF 1.4MB)
- GGF-003 - Site layout plan (PDF 1.3MB)
- GGF-004 - Inverter drawing (PDF 413KB)
- GGF-005 - Site planting plan (PDF 2MB)
- GGF-006 - Frame details (PDF 199KB)
- GGF-007 - Fence details (PDF 115KB)
- SCH-PARH-001 - Access improvement works (PDF 210KB)
Planning statement and appendices
- Planning statement (PDF 1.5MB)
- Appendix A - Indicative substation drawing
- Appendix B - Indicative operations and maintenance kiosk drawing (PDF 567KB)
- Appendix C - Security camera details (PDF 336KB)
- Appendix D - Cable route drawing (PDF 1.1MB)
- Appendix E - Copy of screening opinion (PDF 494KB)
- Appendix F - Constraints mapping (PDF 2.2MB)
- Appendix G - Landscape and visual appraisal (PDF 6.3MB)
- Appendix H Part 1 - Phase 1 ecological assessment (PDF 3.8MB)
- Appendix H Part 2 - Ornithological survey (PDF 536KB)
- Appendix I - Consultation with Highways Authority (PDF 3.3MB)
- Appendix J - Land drainage plan (PDF 275KB)
- Appendix K - Statement of community consultation (PDF 3.8MB)
- Appendix L - Policy list (PDF 115KB)
Important information about copyright
Please note that plans, drawings and other material submitted to local authorities for planning applications are protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.