Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Reduction
Important changes to Council Tax Benefit - Council Tax Benefit has been replaced by a new Local Council Tax Reduction scheme run by the Council from 1 April 2013.
Benefit changes due to welfare reform - from April 2013, the benefits system started going through one of its biggest shake ups for over 60 years and many working age people will be affected by the changes which the Government is introducing as part of its welfare reforms.
Housing Benefit telephone lines to close at 3pm until further notice - due to a high volume of work our telephone lines will be closing at 3pm each afternoon until further notice - we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Reduction (formerly Council Tax Benefit) are means tested benefits designed to help people on low incomes pay their rent and Council Tax.
In this section ...
- Housing Benefit - who can claim?
- Local Council Tax Reduction - who can claim?
- How to make a claim for Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Reduction
- Local Housing Allowance (applies to Housing Benefit only)
- What to do if you think our decision about your benefit is wrong
- Discretionary housing payments (applies to Housing Benefit only)
- Exceptional hardship payments (applies to Local Council Tax Reduction only)
- View your benefit account online
- Information and advice for landlords
- Support and advice agencies
- Help us stop benefit fraud
- Contacting Suffolk Coastal’s Benefits Team