Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Reduction
Changes to the Local Council Tax Reduction scheme - Council Tax Benefit was replaced by a new Local Council Tax Reduction scheme run by the Council from 1 April 2013. There are changes to the scheme from 1 April 2014.
Benefit changes due to welfare reform - from April 2013 the benefits system changed as part of the Government introducing its welfare reforms. These changes affect working age people, living in both private and social rented households.
Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Reduction (formerly Council Tax Benefit) are means tested benefits designed to help people on low incomes pay their rent and Council Tax.
In this section ...
- Housing Benefit - who can claim?
- Local Council Tax Reduction - who can claim?
- How to make a claim for Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Reduction
- Changes in circumstances - reporting a change
- Moving home
- Local Housing Allowance (applies to Housing Benefit only)
- What to do if you think our decision about your benefit is wrong
- Discretionary housing payments (applies to Housing Benefit only)
- Exceptional hardship payments (applies to Local Council Tax Reduction only)
- Manage your benefit account online
- Information and advice for landlords
- Support and advice agencies
- Help us stop benefit fraud
- Contacting Suffolk Coastal’s Benefits Team