Warm Homes, Healthy People
Suffolk's Warm Homes Healthy People project helps vulnerable people and families make their homes cheaper to heat.
The project can provide the the following help for eligible residents in Suffolk:
- Fuel payments paid directly to your heating supplier.
- Boiler or heater stopped working? Warm Homes Healthy People can lend you electric heaters and assess you for financial assistance towards the cost of repairs or replacements.
- Do you own or privately rent your property? Warm Homes Healthy People can arrange for an independent surveyor to visit your home and discuss energy efficiency improvements that could make a real difference to your heating bills.
- The project can also access grants to help pay for insulation and basic draught proofing.
Warm Homes Healthy People aims to reach those most in need of their services, so there are eligibility criteria:
- Are you aged over 63 or do you live with children under 5?
- Is your household income below £17,000 and savings below £5,000?
- Does anyone living with you have a long term health condition or disability?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions call 08456 037 686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for free advice and help with:
- An emergency fuel payment.
- Making your home warmer as well as more energy efficient.
- Help with getting your home properly insulated and draught proofed.
- Emergency boiler and heating repairs.
- Loan of temporary heaters in an emergency.
- Cheaper oil prices and access to interest free loans via Eastern Savings and Loans.
Anyone who has a vulnerable relative or neighbour is urged to help them find out more about what support and assistance might be available to them by calling the helpline.
If you are a GP wishing to refer you can do so by emailing email@example.com.