Suffolk Coastal District Council online
Review of electoral wards in Suffolk Coastal complete - the Local Government Boundary Commission for England (LGBCE) has published its final recommendations for new electoral arrangements for Suffolk Coastal District Council. The LGBCE’s final recommendations propose that Suffolk Coastal should have 42 councillors in the future (thirteen fewer than currently) representing 26 electoral wards. Follow this link for more about the LGBCE’s recommendations.
Ipswich and Coastal Grand Prix - the elite cycling road race returns on 31 August and you can enter to ride the route the day before.
New bin collection arrangements - collections now start from 6am and some collection days are changing.
Summer holiday activities - we are offering a great range of activities for 6 to 16 year olds throughout the school holidays, book now!
Headquarters review - we are reviewing the use of our Melton Hill HQ and drawing up options for the future.
Enabling Communities - is our commitment to local self-help and offers a range of support including funding.
Individual Electoral Registration - the way you register to vote has changed and you can now register online.
Suffolk flooding - information, help and advice for householders and businesses affected by flooding.
Nuclear power station expansion at Sizewell - see the joint response to initial proposals for Sizewell C.
Suffolk Coastal District Local Plan - Core Strategy and Development Management Policies formally adopted as planning policy.
- Suffolk County Council - for social services, education, highways, trading standards, libraries.
- GOV.UK - for government services and information.
- Government departments and ministers - departmental responsibilities and contacts.
- East Suffolk Partnership - Local Strategic Partnership working for a better district.
- Waveney District Council - our shared services partner.
News from Suffolk Coastal
- Martello Park in Felixstowe provides backdrop for affordable living
- Short stay Gypsy and Traveller stopping sites consultation launched
- Government backing for home-based business boom
- Work to begin on Martello Tower at Felixstowe's Martello Park developm...
- Your district councillor
- Forthcoming Council meetings
- Agendas, reports and minutes of Council meetings
- Filming, videoing, photography and audio recording at Council meetings
Make a payment
Most visited pages
- Planning applications search
- Development management (planning permission)
- Current planning applications and having your say
- Contact us
- Council Tax
- Waste and recycling services
- Gateway to homechoice
- Job vacancies
Have your say
Do it online
- Manage your Council Tax account
- Manage your Business Rates account
- Manage your Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Reduction account
- Apply for Housing Benefit
- Apply for Council Tax Reduction
Weather and tides
- Forecasts and tide predictions - from BBC Weather and flood warnings from the Environment Agency.