Suffolk Coastal District Council online
Flood warnings along the Suffolk Coast are no longer in force - the Environment Agency has issued flood alerts as a precaution while the inspection of flood defences is completed - you can check the latest flood forecast on the Environment Agency's website.
Our staff are working with our partners to fully assess the impact of the floods on the coastal defences and on property. We continue to work with local householders and businesses to assist with the recovery effort and help with the clear up operation.
- End called to major incident following tidal surge - includes guidance for people returning to houses that may have been affected by flood water.
- Returning home after a flood (PDF92KB)
- Ongoing support for business (PDF 84KB)
- Managing your business after a flood (PDF 67KB)
- Food businesses: getting back to normal after flooding
- Local update for Suffolk Coastal District Council services
If you’re worried about flooding, you can sign-up for free flood warnings from the Environment Agency.
Thorpeness consultation - give us your views on a potential policy change for managing the coast at Thorpeness.
Safeguard your right to vote - please remember to respond to your voter registration form.
Book your exhibition space now - for the Suffolk Coast Business Exhibition taking place on 2 April 2014.
Suffolk Growth Strategy - local councils working together to deliver economic growth, create jobs and increase prosperity.
Nuclear power station expansion at Sizewell - see the joint response to initial proposals for Sizewell C.
No Toll Tax on the A14 - Suffolk Coastal is supporting the campaign against the proposed tolling of the A14.
Development site for sale - land with potential for retail development for sale in High Street, Leiston.
Suffolk Coastal District Local Plan - Full Council agrees to adopt the Core Strategy as planning policy at meeting on 5 July.
Better Broadband for Suffolk - new website launched showing when areas of Suffolk will benefit from better broadband.
News from Suffolk Coastal
- End called to major incident following tidal surge
- Praise for flood response from Council leaders
- Latest advice for after the floods
- Norse teams out as gales clean-up begins
Most visited pages
- Planning permission
- Planning applications search
- Planning services
- Sport and leisure centres
- Gateway to homechoice
- Council Tax
- Waste and recycling services
- Suffolk Coastal District Local Plan
- The Suffolk Coast website
Make a payment
Have your say
Do it online
- Manage your Council Tax account
- Manage your Business Rates account
- Claim for Housing Benefit
- Claim for Council Tax Reduction
- Suffolk County Council - for social services, education, highways, trading standards, libraries.
- GOV.UK - for government services and information.
- Government departments and ministers - departmental responsibilities and contacts.
- East Suffolk Partnership - Local Strategic Partnership working for a better district.
- Waveney District Council - our shared services partner.