Business support and advice
Suffolk Coast Business Exhibition - Wednesday 2 April 2014 at Framlingham College, 12pm and 6pm, over 50 local businesses exhibiting and a great mix of business sectors. Entrance, parking and a range of inspirational and informative workshops are free - register in advance and you'll be entered into a prize draw.
Suffolk Chamber of Commerce is holding a 'Meet the Buyer' event - Norwich City Football Club, Thursday 20 March 2014
Free 'Ready for Growth' seminar for local businesses - Framlingham Technology Centre, Friday 21 March 2014.
Growing Business Fund - are you a SME with plans to expand in the near future and create more jobs?
Join the destination management organisation for Suffolk tourism businesses - would you like your business to become part of a network which aims to boost the visitor economy along this beautiful coastline?
Suffolk Coastal's Economic Services team
Suffolk Coastal's Economic Services team offers advice and guidance for new and existing businesses and can help to put you in touch with relevant business organisations within the area. You can contact us by calling 01394 444239 and by emailing email@example.com.
Managing your business after a flood
If your business has been affected by the recent floods please read the following advice:
New Anglia Business Information Portal
The New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership has developed an online business information portal for Suffolk and Norfolk companies bringing together local and national business support information from hundreds of different sources:
East Suffolk Partnership
The East Suffolk Partnership (ESP) came into being on 1 April 2012 after a review of the Suffolk Coastal and Waveney Local Strategic Partnerships. The ESP brings together organisations from the public, business, community and voluntary sectors to support each other and work together to achieve common priorities. The ESP's key priorities include building on economic prosperity, growth and infrastructure development and ensuring people have the skills to meet employment opportunities.
For more information about the work of the ESP visit www.eastsuffolkpartnership.org.uk.
You can download a leaflet with useful information about where to go for business advice and information in East Suffolk (PDF 202KB).
Government support and advice for business
GOV.UK is the new website for government services and information which has replaced Directgov and Business Link. It gives information and advice about starting up and running a business in the UK, including help if you're self employed or a sole trader - www.gov.uk.
- Government support and advice to start and grow your business.
- HM Revenues & Customs - offers free services and workshops to help you understand your tax, National Insurance, VAT and international trade responsibilities.
Business support organisations
- Federation of Small Businesses - UK’s largest campaigning pressure group for self-employed and owners of small firms.
- Framlingham Technology Centre
- Foundation East - can help with access to business finance. Its Community Land Trust team can assist with improving community assets.
- Haven Gateway Partnership
- HCMTI - Heritage Coast Market Towns Initiative - encouraging greater sustainability and promoting trading, services and tourism across the Heritage Coast towns of Aldeburgh, Leiston, Saxmundham and Framlingham and their respective postal areas.
- Innovation Martlesham - an established cluster of high-tech ICT companies located at Adastral Park, Martlesham. Besides being home to a diverse range of large, medium and small companies, Innovation Martlesham is a 'collaborative ecosystem' for technology companies.
- IP Network - special interest group open to businesses involved in the hi-tech industry
- New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership
- NWES - offers impartial professional advice, networking opportunities and business training courses.
- MENTA - The Suffolk Enterprise Agency - offers a mix of one-to-one advice, business skills workshops and networking opportunities.
- Princes Trust - practical and financial support to 13 to 30 year-olds, workplace skills development, support for young people with difficulties and long term unemployed.
- Suffolk Chamber of Commerce - offers a wide range of support to local businesses.
- Suffolk County Council
- Suffolk Resilience Business Continuity Forum - forum for businesses and voluntary organisations which runs a programme of seminars, workshops and training events.
Many of Suffolk Coastal’s towns and commercial areas have designated business associations that support their members through networking events and regular meetings.
- Aldeburgh Business Association
- Felixstowe Chamber of Trade & Commerce
- Framlingham Business Association
- Leiston Business Association
- Saxmundham Business Association
- HCMTI - Heritage Coast Market Towns Initiative - promoting trading, services and tourism across the towns of Aldeburgh, Leiston, Saxmundham, Woodbridge and Framlingham and their respective postal areas.
- The Suffolk Coast Ltd Destination Management Organisation - company formed to promote the Suffolk Coast as a visitor destination.