Business support and advice
Free live webinars from HMRC in 2015 - HMRC is offering a range of webinars to support businesses - helping to make tax matters easier, quicker, and simpler.
Free research for small Suffolk businesses planning to grow - the University of Essex is offering up to £5,000 to eligible small and medium businesses (less than 250 employees) to pay for specialist knowledge and advice from university experts.
Growing Suffolk Businesses - local workshops, seminars and events offered by Menta, the Suffolk Enterprise Agency.
Broadband Connection Voucher Scheme - is open for applications from SMEs for grants of up to £3,000 to upgrade to faster, better broadband.
The Business Bulletin - sign-up for Suffolk Coastal's new quarterly email bulletin for business.
Business news - round up of the latest news for local businesses.
Suffolk Coastal's Economic Services team
Suffolk Coastal's Economic Services team offers advice and guidance for new and existing businesses and can help to put you in touch with relevant business organisations within the area. You can contact us by calling 01394 444239 and by emailing email@example.com.
New Anglia Growth Hub
The New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership has developed the New Anglia Growth Hub to provide support for businesses and those wishing to start their own business. The Growth Hub brings together a range of local and national business support from hundreds of sources. It is free and there to help you find help on subjects ranging from finance to exporting, resource efficiency to contract opportunities:
'Green' business advice and support
Confused by green issues? Unsure what you could do to cut costs and save energy? There's plenty of advice out there, whether you're just starting to reduce your energy consumption, are looking for new ideas or have a specific plan in mind.
Thomson Local business resources
Thomson Local have created a one-stop business resource hub, which includes advice on how to start a business from scratch, advice on securing funding and in-depth guides on several popular sectors:
East Suffolk Partnership
The East Suffolk Partnership (ESP) came into being on 1 April 2012 after a review of the Suffolk Coastal and Waveney Local Strategic Partnerships. The ESP brings together organisations from the public, business, community and voluntary sectors to support each other and work together to achieve common priorities. The ESP's key priorities include building on economic prosperity, growth and infrastructure development and ensuring people have the skills to meet employment opportunities.
For more information about the work of the ESP visit www.eastsuffolkpartnership.org.uk.
You can download a leaflet with useful information about where to go for business advice and information in East Suffolk (PDF 202KB).
Government support and advice for business
GOV.UK is the new website for government services and information which has replaced Directgov and Business Link. It gives information and advice about starting up and running a business in the UK, including help if you're self employed or a sole trader - www.gov.uk.
- Government support and advice to start and grow your business.
- HM Revenues & Customs - offers free services and workshops to help you understand your tax, National Insurance, VAT and international trade responsibilities.
Business support organisations
- Federation of Small Businesses - UK’s largest campaigning pressure group for self-employed and owners of small firms.
- Framlingham Technology Centre
- Foundation East - can help with access to business finance. Its Community Land Trust team can assist with improving community assets.
- Haven Gateway Partnership
- Innovation Martlesham - an established cluster of high-tech ICT companies located at Adastral Park, Martlesham. Besides being home to a diverse range of large, medium and small companies, Innovation Martlesham is a 'collaborative ecosystem' for technology companies.
- IP Network - special interest group open to businesses involved in the hi-tech industry
- New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership
- NWES - offers impartial professional advice, networking opportunities and business training courses.
- MENTA - The Suffolk Enterprise Agency - offers a mix of one-to-one advice, business skills workshops and networking opportunities.
- Princes Trust - practical and financial support to 13 to 30 year-olds, workplace skills development, support for young people with difficulties and long term unemployed.
- Suffolk Chamber of Commerce - offers a wide range of support to local businesses.
- Suffolk Coast Business - business organisation which facilitates co-operation between businesses in Suffolk Coastal.
- Suffolk County Council business services
- Suffolk Resilience Business Continuity Forum - forum for businesses and voluntary organisations which runs a programme of seminars, workshops and training events.
Many of Suffolk Coastal’s towns and commercial areas have designated business associations that support their members through networking events and regular meetings.
- Aldeburgh Business Association
- Felixstowe Chamber of Trade & Commerce
- Framlingham Business Association
- Leiston Business Association
- Saxmundham Business Association
- Suffolk Coast Business
- The Suffolk Coast Ltd Destination Management Organisation - company formed to promote the Suffolk Coast as a visitor destination.