Making payments to Suffolk Coastal
You can pay your Council Tax, Business Rates, car park excess charge notices, Housing Benefit invoices and other general Council invoices in the following ways:
- Online and automated telephone payments by debit or credit card.
- Direct Debit (Council Tax and Business Rates only).
- BACS transfer, Internet and telephone banking.
- By cheque or postal order.
Please note - we no longer take over-the-counter payments for Council Tax, Business Rates or Housing Benefit overpayment at our Melton Hill offices. If you still wish to pay by cheque you can put your cheque in the cheque posting box in the main reception area.
Paying your Council Tax at a Post Office or Payzone
If you do not have a bank account you can pay your Council Tax at your local Post Office (new window) or Payzone (new window).
You will need a payment card - call us on 01394 444855 or email email@example.com for more details.
If you are having financial difficulties
If you think you will have difficulty paying please contact the relevant section below before the due date:
- Council Tax - telephone 01394 444812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Rates - telephone 01394 444544 or email email@example.com
- Accounts - telephone 01394 444567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or by writing to:
Suffolk Coastal District Council,
Suffolk IP12 1AU.
Please note that interest may be added to overdue invoices.