Proposed solar park, Church Farm, Hacheston
This application was considered by the Council’s Development Control Committee on 23 January 2013 and refused.
An planning application was submitted to the Council on 4 September 2012 by Hive Energy Ltd for the development of a solar park at part of land north of Easton Lane, Hacheston.
The application is for the construction of a solar park to include the installation of solar panels to generate up to 25MW of electricity, with transformer housing, security fencing and cameras, landscaping and other associated works.
Copies of the plans and documents submitted are available to view further down this page.
Further information about this application, reference number C12/1899, can be found on our online register of planning applications (new window).
Alternatively the plans and documents can be viewed at our Woodbridge offices during office hours (8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Wednesday, 9.30am to 5.15pm on Thursdays and 8.45am to 4.45pm on Fridays) or or by arrangement with Hacheston Parish Council.
You are advised to contact the Hacheston parish clerk on 01728 746371 to check the availability of the documents and to arrange inspection.
If you wish to contact your local district councillor, their contact details are available on our website.
Please note: some of these PDF files have been compressed and optimised for viewing on the internet. If you require higher resolution, uncompressed documents please contact us.
- Planning application form (PDF 3.5MB)
- Covering letter (PDF 623KB)
- Notice letter to Clarke & Simpson, Framlingham (PDF 195KB)
- Planning statement (PDF 412KB)
- Design and access statement (PDF 2.7MB)
- Statement of community involvement (PDF 5.3MB)
- Site location plan (Figure 1.1) (PDF 2.2MB)
- Block plan: Indicative site layout (Figure 1.2) (PDF 2.1MB)
Accompanying technical information
- Figure 1.3 - Solar panel detail (PDF 573KB)
- Figure 1.4 - Security fence detail (PDF 332KB)
- Figure 1.5 - Inverter cabinet detail (PDF 701KB)
- Figure 1.6 - Control room detail (PDF 2.1MB)
- Appendix A - EIA Screening opinion (PDF 1.8MB)
- Appendix B - Indicative solar panel details (PDF 288KB)
Environmental reports compendium
2 - Landscape and visual assessment (PDF 17MB) - this large file is complete with appendices or you can view it broken down by section below:
- Landscape and visual assessment (PDF 157KB)
- Appendix 1 - Site location plan (new window PDF 2.8MB)
- Appendix 2 - Assessment methodology (new window PDF 37KB)
- Appendix 3 - Site assessment plan (new window PDF 2MB)
- Appendix 4 - Site photographs A-Q (new window PDF 3MB)
- Appendix 5 - Environmental designations plan (new window PDF 1.6MB)
- Appendix 6 - National landscape character (new window PDF 550KB)
- Appendix 7 - Local landscape character (new window PDF 54KB)
- Appendix 8 - Zone of theoretical visibility (new window PDF 704KB)
- Appendix 9 - Photoview locations (new window PDF 1.9MB)
- Appendix 10 - Photoviews 1-18 (new window PDF 6MB)
- Appendix 11 - Indicative site layout (new window PDF 2.4MB)
Important information about copyright
Please note that plans, drawings and other material submitted to local authorities for planning applications are protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.